Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 8: Progress Report



This is the first update of 2017.  It has been 8 weeks since I have started this journey.  It feels like it flies by now.  It sounds weird, but I'm taking it one day at a time.  Most will say don't check the scale every week.  Let me tell you one thing.  This has been the best ride of my life so far.  I have found something that has worked and has allowed me to share with other people.  I look forward to continuing this journey for as along as it takes to get to my goal.  

On that note, I am starting 2017 with my lowest weight in 5 years.  It feels great!!!!  The train has left the station, and it can't be slowed down.  

This week I will say that I was not completely compliant with my eating plans.  I did have the likes of a donut (double chocolate, yum) and a few mini peanut butter cups from a stocking.  I still manage to comply 95% of the time and keep my carb intake low.  I have been keeping my body in a low to moderate level of ketosis, and take my vitamins which aid in the metabolism of sugar.  I have enough energy to make it through the day. It is finally working.  

So now it is time for the first weigh in of the year.  I did not hit my mini-goal of 251 by the end of the year.  I did fall short.  I was facing 256.4 last week.  That would have been 5 pounds or so. It's possible but not probable. 



So 253.8 is the where I will have to be at.  That is still over a 2.5 pound weight loss for the week.  I am happy with that.  I have now decided to take this 2.5 pound loss and make another mini-goal for the month of January. 

30 day goal
  1. I will be 246 pounds by Monday January 30th's weigh in.   
5 month goal
  1. I will be 220 pounds by Friday May 19th Cape Golf Trip


I feel these are attainable goals for the time frame provided, and I have the tools necessary to accomplish them.  

Parting note-
I am going to try to post two to three times per week. To keep you more up to date on the changes going on.  I hope everyone has a great 2017.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

220, can't wait

Steve 1.0 said...

I cant either, I can only imagine how this will help my game.