The sickness has struck my household. The three of us have different symptoms with one commonality, we all felt like crap. I have had the immediate onset of a stomach bug. My body did a major purge on Friday. I was down for the count. It seemed to have left by Saturday morning. I had enough of a break to go do my blood draw for my physical on Thursday. The stomach discomfort has continued until today.
I will be very interested to compare my numbers with a year ago. I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic. I had high blood pressure in the 145 systolic range. I knew I was feeling bad, but did not know how bad it truly was. My doctor tried to get me on BP and diabetic meds. I was reluctant to do medications. I have always been scared of the side effects. I was convinced that this could be reversed if I just changed up my diet and lifestyle choices. I am now 30+ pounds less and my diet has done a complete 180. I can't wait for the news.
Prior to the sickness, I have made extra effort to focus on diet. I have been pushing myself at the gym to. I'm seeing the increase in strength and size. I did not want another repeat of Christmas where I gain 1/2 a pound. I was so close to the 30 pound mark and want to reach that goal.
So here we are for the 9th week weigh in. It is crazy to think that it has been 9 weeks since I started. I feel like I have come so far, but there is so much more work to be done.
Drum roll please....
That is officially 33.5 pounds lost so far. This is AWESOME!!!! It's a major milestone. Honestly, every weigh in is a major milestone. I have never lost this much weight in any of my past weight loss endeavors. This puts me 1.5 pounds away from my mini goal. I understand that because of the sickness there may not be as big of a change for next week, but I will take the wins when I can get them.




2 comments:
Nice job, but you put 2016 lol.... Keep it up
Good catch yes I still cant believe its another year. Always keeping me honest Russ. I will have to change that.
Post a Comment