Saturday, November 21, 2009

I finally get it!!!!


I have been asking myself for the last month and a half one question over and over. Why is this time different then all the other times that I have decided to get back to working out and following a challenge?
I still cannot answer that question fully, but for some reason it has just clicked with me.

I did my homework and formed a game plan. I wanted to put a plan together that was easy and do-able. I researched all the formulas to find out how many calories I needed to take in to maintain and what deficit I needed to lose. I did not want to be an everyday calorie counter, so I made a two week meal plan and determined the amount of calories I needed. I only had to count once. That's easy for me. Meals are a no brainer now.

It still was not clicking for me on all cylinders.

Until.............................................................

I was checking my e-mail one day and I received one from someone who joined another site I was a member of. I had not been on that site for quite a while. This person requested me to be a motivator (personal accountability partner) for them. I was intrigued as to how this person pulled my name out of thin air, so I went on to the site and found the person and read their profile. I agreed to be their motivator. While I was on the site I reviewed the public weight loss competitions. I found one that had a lot of people joining, 45 to be exact. It was a twelve week contest. The prize was no T-com prize but a few hundred dollars for the top three people with the highest % of weight loss. I joined the competition, and I guess that's what got me motivated because I started as of October 2nd and have never looked back. If it was not for that person choosing me out of the blue to motivate them, I would not have been motivated myself. Funny the way things work out HUH?
I have been at it for 45 days now and I am on FIRE. I love the process, and enjoy exercising. I look forward to doing it and miss when I don't get to. I have made time for myself and kept those appointments. I feel so much more excited and happy than I was before. I am seeing the slow changes that my body has been making, and it has created more excitement in me.

Things outside my body have been changing along with me too. In mid October my unemployment benefits were set to run out. The job market was tight and there was a lot of stress in the house about how we were going to come up with the money to cover the bills. Unhappy times in the household....... Then I got the call for a company and was offered a job. I happily took it. I started a week after my last benefit check. Things turned around for me all at once. Some one was looking down on me somewhere. I like to think it was my DAD. He passed away back in 2002 from Pancreatic Cancer. He was always there to help me out when I got in a jam. I like to think he was there then too, doing what he could for me like he always did.

I realize that I am at the steering wheel, but It's about things out of your control that make everything happen. I have listened to what Bill Phillips on
Transformation.com has to say about giving of yourself to others and not expecting things in return.

I have some plans for 2010 that will be bigger than me, and I can tell myself with confidence.......


I FINALLY GET IT!!!!!

1 comment:

russ said...

thats awesome...stay on track..well done. nice write up.