Sunday, October 18, 2009

End of Week #2 Re-cap


This second week of the challenge has went better than expected. I have surpass the 10 pound mark, and continued to follow a nutritional lifestyle change. This is an ever changing work in progress, both in body and in life.

I am trying to be more consistent at tracking my daily intake, and exactly how I feel each day. I have been looking into tracking it all on FitDay.com and linking it to my daily update. I don't want to overwhelm myself with to much extra work. I want to be able to do it everyday.


I decided to change my milestone section to reflect little rockers instead of that big picture. Once the progress continues and more and more happens, I will run out of room on the sidebar. I think it looks good and it says what it needs to in the least amount of space.


I have encountered a minor physical injury this week. First, I made myself a nice blister on the left instep down near the heel. I am very conscious of it now at the gym. I don't want to pop it unless I really have to. What I read was it will go away on its own. I also have acquired a pain in my right butt cheek while doing the elliptical. It was a little discouraging during my workout on Friday. I will do a better stretching routine this week and hopefully we can work through it.


In my travels through the Internet world of fitness, I have found a few good sites and links to calculators that would be beneficial to other people. I found a link to a body fat calculator, a weight loss calculator that tells how much calories to eat to reach your goal, and a link to FitDay.com (a food tracking website). All the links can be found in the link section of the side bar.

Finally,

I have finally been able to find a job after a year. The company has a two week orientation and training program for all new hires. The office is located in Eastern Massachusetts closer to Boston. It is an hour and a half away. The company will put me up for the two weeks in a hotel to eliminate the extra long commute. BONUS!! The down fall is I'll be out of the comfort zone for two weeks. I don't know what the total accommodations are. I don't want into start a tail spin. I am a little worried about next Monday. I am sure that I will be talking about it all week.

Things that I did well this week




Went to the gym for all 7 days


Completed minimum cardio sessions


Incorporated weight training 3x's a week


Monitored water intake better






Things I can do better next week




Attack the stair master


Use a one gallon jug for easy water intake monitoring


Incorporate an AB routine in 2x's a week

2 comments:

russ said...

great news Steve...congrats on the job! Things are looking up...keep it going.

Spitfire said...

Congratulations on finding the job! Bet that feels awesome!
You'll do great with your health and fitness journey...just be conscious of it. The hotel will have a gym, or a pool, I suspect. That will help you get SOME form of fitness activity in. IF not, you could walk. You've got this. Positivity is the key. :o)