Sunday, July 16, 2017

A setback is a setup for a come back!



 Where has the time gone?  Wait where have I been?  I have been on a downward spiral.  I can remember as a kid playing Chutes and Ladders (showing my age),  where you are almost to the top and you hit the big god damn chute.  It sends you spiraling down and sets you back a whole bunch of spaces.  This would mean disaster and certain defeat if your opponent was near the top.  The good thing for me is that the only opponent I have is myself.  I can get knocked down a bunch of times, but if I just get up one more time then I have fallen, I will never lose. 

So, the big question is what happened.  I mentioned it back is previous posts. I had a set eating routine at my job, then I got promoted and moved to another store.  The routine was not as structured there with breaks and lunches.  I found myself lucky to get in one meal between 3 - 4 pm.  There were no breaks  as I had been accustomed too.  The short staffing made a huge impact on that too.  I tried to overcome it, but was unable to do it.  I started falling back into the old habits.  Eating garbage, soda, bread, and the list goes on.  I am embarrassed to say that have almost gave back almost all the weight I had fought so hard to lose.  Meanwhile, my wife had met here goal and was reintroducing things that I should not have had.  I am not blaming her because she did not shove them in my mouth, that was all me.   This collection of bad choices had brought me back up to 271 pounds.  That's only 12 away from where I had started last November.

END OF THE PITY PARTY!

Things have changed in a lot of ways over the last month.  I have since lost my job and have stepped back to do some soul searching.  This is a crossroad in my life.  The path I choose from here will change the rest of my life.  Will it be for better or worse?  That is for me to decide.  This experience has made me look at all aspects of my life and figure out what I need to do better.  I have lost my vision and my purpose for what.  It is time to reevaluate and set some goals.  This will ensure I will be on the path that I intended to go.  

 A Setback is a Setup for a come back!

The first thing I decided was to get my diet back under control.  I have still been going to the gym every morning.  I need to get a hold of the reins and turn this back in the right direction.  I started this back on Monday.   This mornings weigh in was 268 pounds.  I am moving in the right direction once again.

Stay with me it just got interesting..........


No comments: