Monday, May 18, 2009

Operation Self-Revolution is in effect!!!!

Well I started my challenge today with some renewed passion and excitement towards the whole transformation process. Throughout the past month I would keep a notebook with me and record my thoughts when I get them. I looked at them and realized that I need this more than ever. I looked at my six areas of life (Career, Education, Health, Family, Emotional, and Financial) they all are very, very poor right now. It was a little scary to look at. I was feeling like an empty facade. I was lacking character. I was making promises to myself and others and not keeping them. There's a difference between having character and being a character, so at that point I realized that something needs to be done, and it needs to be done immediately. The mission needs to begin now.
I dubbed this mission Operation Self-Revolution. It is about revolting from the tyranny of my current life. I need to overthrow my current mindset and replace it with a stronger more positive mindset backed by a strong set of attainable goals. Goals that if followed will get me out of the deep hole I am in and propel me to a higher standard of existence. I have adopted the song Right Now by Van Hagar (Van Halen) as my anthem for the revolution, it tells you to do it now and not wait for another day. I feel that by giving it a name and a voice it becomes a living breathing thing in my life.

It took going to almost rock bottom to figure this out. I guess you have to experience pain beyond your threshold before you devise a plan to change it and make it better. This is my time!! The only easy day was yesterday!!

No comments: